1. Gadgets increase our efficiency. Before the invention of the telephone or the more recent e-mails, sending messages and letters would take days to reach its destination. The soft wares used for application on the internet and the telecommunication are nothing but technical gadgets. These Instruments actually have increased human productivity in terms of work and made the world a better place to live in.
2. A gadget brings joy to the family. With the advent of web-cam and other video accessories, staying away from family and friends is no longer painful. This importance of machines can make distant things come near and make human accessibility very easy.
3. Gadgets make things compact – Take the example of a Swiss Army knife. It can be used as a spoon, knife, tweezer, bottle opener, fork, etc. In a single gadget, a user can get the function of more than one product.
4. They help in saving space. Initially, in the early years of telecommunication, the wired handsets could be positioned at a prescribed position only for connectivity. With the advent in technology, mobiles were invented that allowed users the freedom to access calls when moving around. With a blackberry, one can also avail internet facilities when moving around.
5. Gadgets are fun! iPods, music systems, video games, DVD and most important of all the popular idiot box of ours-“TV” need no introduction as to how enjoyable have they made our lives. These technical inventions have the power to make us smile by having access to our emotions and needs. They are instruments that can ward off the feelings of loneliness. They are so fun that it actually becomes very essential to integrate them with our lives.
6. Gadgets are encouraged to innovation and creativity. Since technology is challenging, it sparks the brain to work to its full potential. In the past, it used to be very difficult to start a business, one had to have lots of capital and they even had limited access to business information. Today, it is very easy to start a business while at home. Let’s look at companies like which enable creative people to sell their works online, this encourages creativity. Another good example is kickstarter.com which helps creative people get funds for their projects through crowdfunding.